Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It's Apple Butter Time


It's that time again when I get to make my favorite thing of all, apple butter. If your not sure how go on over to Southern Plate for a great tutorial on canning. Christy at Southern Plate has some really great recipes as well.
http://www.southernplate.com/2008/09/yes-you-can-can-canning-tutorial-with.html or just click on the title of this post.

I don't mind canning at all. I really had a great time the first time I canned and have continued to through the years. It is healthy for all. Nothing compares to the freshness that comes when you do it yourself. I use to be really energetic and make my own baby food. All fresh and wonderful. That was a lot of years ago. Now I just do jams and jellies and of course Apple Butter.
Now that I have my pantry all beautifully organized it's time to can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Come back often and don't forget to leave a comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin